Before activating, ZoomText Fusion runs in 40-minute demo mode, after which you will need to reboot your computer to use the software again. Once activated, the software will no longer time-out. Internet License Manager (ILM) allows you to quickly activate your Freedom Scientific software using the Internet.
Below are instructions for both internet and manual activations.
You will need your 20-digit ILM authorization code you received with the software.
To activate ZoomText Fusion using the Internet:
- Launch Fusion.
- Select “Activate”.
- Select “Internet” as your method of activation.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. A message will inform you when the activation is successful.
To activate ZoomText Fusion manually:
If you do not have an Internet connection on the computer you’d like to activate, the best option is to use another computer with internet access to get the activation license code required to activate on the offline computer.
The activation license code is a combination of over 100 numbers, characters, spaces, and punctuations. The easiest way to transfer that code is to copy it to a USB thumb drive, then bring it back to the computer you’d like to activate.
How to activate ZoomText Fusion on the non-internet computer with the aid of an online computer:
- Launch the Freedom Scientific software.
- Select “Activate”.
- Instead of selecting “Internet”, select the “Manual, by telephone, fax, or fsactivate.com” radio button.
- Note the 9-character locking code (including the dash) from the Manual screen. You will need this in conjunction with the 20-digit authorization number.
On another computer which has an internet connection,
- Insert a USB thumb drive into the computer.
- Go to www.fsactivate.com.
- Select the “Retrieve an Activation License Code” option.
- Enter the 20-digit authorization number in the “Authorization number” edit field.
- Enter the 9-character locking code into the “Locking code” edit field. Include the dash, for example “100-D2C7F”.
- Select the “Submit license request” button.
- Select the button to copy the license activation code to your clipboard, then
- Open notepad.
- CTRL+V to paste the license code into a new document. Do not add any additional spaces or text to this document.
- Select “File”, then “Save As”. Name the file (i.e. JAWS Activation), and select the USB thumb drive to save it to so that you can move the file with the authorization code to the computer that is not connected to the internet.
On the computer that is NOT connected to the Internet,
- Insert the USB thumb drive containing the file that you created.
- Open the file in notepad and copy the activation code. Be sure to copy the entire code. If the only thing in the document is the code, you can use CTRL+A to select all, then CTRL+C to copy it.
- With the “Manual, by telephone, fax, or fsactivate.com” dialog open, navigate to the “License code” edit field and use CTRL+V to paste the code in.
- You do not have to enter in the 20-digit authorization code in the “Authorization number” field as it is not needed to complete activation.
- Select the “Next” button to complete the activation.
NOTE: The activation license code always ends with the word “exclusive”. After pasting the entire code into notepad, make sure you do not add or delete any characters or spaces. This will make it easier for copying and then pasting the correct code into the “License code” field of the manual activation dialog.
For more information about activation, including managing your authorizations, requesting a reset, network license activations, and activation troubleshooting, go to: