When running ZoomText with a Java application, you may experience any or all of the following:
- Screen corruption as you move the mouse ("mouse erasing")
- No tracking while typing or tabbing
- No typing echo while typing
- No screen reading while tabbing
Java Access Bridge is a program that interfaces with Java applications and accessibility products such as ZoomText and Fusion. Depending on the level of Java Access Bridge compatibility of a particular Java application, making sure Java Access Bridge is enabled can eliminate the above issues.
In order for ZoomText to recognize a Java application, you must install Java Runtime Environment and then enable Java Access Bridge.
Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
- Go to www.java.com
- Select the Java Download button.
- Select the Agree and Start Free Download button.
- Select the Open file link.
- Select the Install button.
- When you get the message "You have successfully installed Java", select the Close button.
Installing JRE will also include Java Access Bridge though it will not show up as an item in Programs and Features like it has in the past. But to confirm that JRE was installed, look for the following in Programs and Features:
- Java 8 Update 251 (or latest version)
To enable Java Access Bridge:
- Control Panel > Ease of Access Center > Make the computer easier to see
- Scroll to the bottom of the dialog and place a checkmark jn "Eanble Java Access Bridge".
- Select OK.
NOTE 1: If you continue to experience problems please consult the following table which references compatibility between different Java components: www.java.sun.com/javase/technologies/accessibility/accessbridge/2.0.1/docs/compatibility.html