When running ZoomText with a Java application, you may experience any or all of the following:
- Screen corruption as you move the mouse ("mouse erasing")
- No tracking while typing or tabbing
- No typing echo while typing
- No screen reading while tabbing
Java Access Bridge is a program that interfaces with Java applications and accessibility products such as ZoomText. Depending on the level of Java Access Bridge compatibility of a particular Java application, installing Java Access Bridge can eliminate the above issues.
In order for ZoomText to recognize a Java application, you must install Java Runtime Environment and then Java Access Bridge. How do I install these?
Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
- Go to www.java.com
- Select "Free Java Download" button
- Select "Run" button to install the latest Java Runtime Environment
Java Access Bridge
- To download the 2.0.1 version of the Java Access Bridge click on the following link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64375694/accessbridge-2_0_1.exe
- A dialog box will come up to prompt you to Run, Save, or Cancel the file you are downloading.
- Click on Save. Save it to somewhere on your PC like the Downloads folder or Desktop.
- Make sure the checkbox is not checked for "Close this dialog box when download completes".
- When the Download is complete click on the Run button.
- Click "Run" to install it.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
NOTE 1: If you continue to experience problems please consult the following table which references compatibility between different Java components: www.java.sun.com/javase/technologies/accessibility/accessbridge/2.0.1/docs/compatibility.html
NOTE 2: After successfully installing Java Runtime Environment and Java Access Bridge, you will see the following listed in Control Panel (XP: Add or Remove Programs and Vista or Windows 7: Programs and Features):
- Java Access Bridge
- Java (TM) 6 Update 17 (or latest version)