When attempting to run ZoomText 10.1 in Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 a "ZoomText Compatibility Warning" message appears stating: "Your Windows operating system does not meet the minimum requirements. You may experience performance or video corruption problems."
- The video card hardware does not support DirectX feature level 10.xx or newer
- The video card driver is older than 2010
To resolve this problem:
- Update your video card driver. Click here for help identifying your video card.
- The best source for obtaining an updated driver is from the manufacture of the video card or chip set. Drivers can usually be downloaded from the manufacturer's website. Here are some common video card manufacturers and their websites:
- Check the Windows Experience index. If the index for Graphics is below, we recommend that you replace your video card with a newer model that supports DirectX feature level 10 or higher.
How to check your Windows Experience index:
In Windows 7 or 8
- Open the Control Panel and navigate to System.
- The current cumulative score will be displayed in the middle of the page.
- To update or see details, click on Windows Experience Index link. This screen details the breakdown of the WEI components: Processor, RAM, Graphics, Gaming Graphics, and Primary Hard Disk.
- There is a link on this page labeled "Re-run the assessment" which we recommend clicking on after the driver is updated.
In Windows 8.1
- The process is a bit different. Please see this help center article for complete instructions
If you are still having issues after following these steps, please contact Tech Support for further assistance. We can be reached at +1 (802) 362-3612 option #3, Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM Eastern Time excluding holidays.