In order for ZoomText to recognize the OpenOffice application, you must install Java Runtime Environment (JRE) and then Java Access Bridge (JAB). How do I install these?
Note: If you have version 2.0.1 or 2.0.2 of the Java Access Bridge installed, they must be removed before installing the JRE. If you would like assistance with this, please contact Tech Support.
Install Java Runtime Environment (JRE):
- Go to www.java.com.
- Select the "Free Java Download" button.
- Select the "Run" button to install the latest JRE.
Enable Java Access Bridge (JAB):The newest versions of Java Runtime Environment (JRE 7 Update 10 or higher) install the Java Access Bridge automatically, but it must be enabled within the Ease of Access Center:
- Go to the Start button.
- Select Control Panel.
- Select "Ease of Access".
- Select "Ease of Access Center".
- Choose the option "Use the computer without a display".
- At the very bottom of this window you will see a section labeled "Other programs installed". Java Access Bridge, from Oracle, Inc... will be listed.
- Check the box labeled "Enable Java Access Bridge".
- Hit Apply.
- Hit OK.
- Restart your computer to apply the settings.
Set up OpenOffice:One more step must be taken within OpenOffice for ZoomText to recognize it as an accessible application.
- Start OpenOffice.
- Select "Tools".
- Select "Options" from the drop down menu.
- Click the + next to OpenOffice.org.
- Select "Java" from the newly expanded list.
- Check "Use a Java runtime environment" checkbox.
- Select the Java runtime environment you installed.
- Select "Accessibility" from the OpenOffice.org list.
- Check the "Support assistive technology tools" checkbox.
- Hit OK.
- Restart OpenOffice.