The information in this article applies to:
- ZoomText Mac 1.0.0 - 1.0.3
- OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- OS X 10.7 (Lion)
After activating ZoomText on your Mac and you quit it and restart ZoomText it will prompt you to activate it.
To fix the problem, you will need to make the ZoomText registration file writable to the registry. Here are the steps to make the registration file writable to the registry:
- Open Spotlight search by pressing Command + Spacebar on the keyboard.
- Type in "Terminal" and press Enter.
- In the Terminal program type the following command and press enter:
sudo chmod ugo+w /Library/Application\ Support/com.AiSquared.ZoomText/RegistrationInfo
- You will then be prompted to type your password for the Mac. Type it and press Enter.
- Type the following and press Enter to verify that the registration file is writable:
ls -l /Library/Application\ Support/com.AiSquared.ZoomText/RegistrationInfo
You should see a line come up that will have: -rw-rw-rw-
('r' indicates read, 'w' indicates write - there should be three of each.) If you do not see -rw-rw-rw- the file is still not writable; in this case you will need to repeat steps 3 - 5 again.
- If it indicates all files as writable ( –rw-rw-rw- ) then quit out of Terminal, by pressing Command + Q.
- Start ZoomText Mac and try to activate again.
If you are still having issues after following these steps, please contact the Ai Squared support team for further assistance. We can be reached at +1 (802) 362-3612 option #3 or firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM Eastern Time.
The Ai Squared Support Team