In order for ZoomText to track and follow the actions you take on a computer running the Mavericks (10.9) operating system or later, you must adjust your Security settings in System Preferences. The first time you launch ZoomText in Mavericks/Yosemite/El Capitan you should receive an alert about this but if not, follow these steps:
- Go to System Preferences --> Security & Privacy
- Go to the Privacy tab
- If “ZoomTextAccessibility” does not have a checkmark next to it, click the unlock icon in the lower lefthand corner
- Enter your password
- Place a checkmark next to “ZoomTextAccessibility”
- You can re-lock the settings by clicking on the padlock again
- Close Preferences - you’re all set!