The information in this article applies to:
- ZoomText 7.10 and 7.11
ZoomText 7.1 does not include built-in support for DCM - a Microsoft technology that provides improved compatibility between multiple assistive technology (AT) aids installed in the same computer. DCM is primarily designed to resolve compatibility issues between screen magnifiers and screen readers. Without DCM support, if other AT aids are installed, ZoomText and/or another AT aid may not run properly. Observed problems include corrupted portions of the screen, partial loss of screen reading output, failure of an AT program to run, and system crashes.
Update ZoomText 7.1 with DCM support as follows:
- Download the DCM setup program: http://liveupdate.zoomtext.com/software/techsupport/Ai2DrvInst/Latest81Release/dcmsetup.exe
- Double-click on the downloaded file (dcmsetup.exe) or choose to Run or Open when you click on the above link to start the installation of DCM on the machine.
- You will see two progress bars, once these two progress bars have finished, DCM setup will exit – there is no confirmation dialog box that comes up.
- Download the ZoomText 7 DCM Driver Install Utility: http://liveupdate.zoomtext.com/software/techsupport/Ai2DrvInst/Latest81Release/Zt7DrvInstUtilDCM.exe
- Double-click on the downloaded file (Zt7DrvInstUtilDCM.exe) or choose to Run or Open when you click on the above link to start the installation of the DCM Driver Install Utility.
- Click the 'Install' button.
- When the 'success' message appears, click OK.
- When you are prompted to restart the system, select Yes (after closing all applications and documents that are open).
- After the system restarts, install ZoomText 7.1x from the CD
- We recommend if you are running ZoomText 7.10, download and install the ZoomText 7.11 update that corresponds to your product (Level 1 or Level 2):
ZoomText 7.11 Level 1 Update:
ZoomText 7.11 Level 2 Update:
For more information about DCM technology, refer to the Driver Chain Manager article on Microsoft's website.