The information in this article applies to:
- ZoomText Magnifier/Reader version 10.1.x
- Windows 8 and 8.1 (32 and 64 bit)
There is no speech output from ZoomText even though there are Windows system sounds.
Having IDT Audio Software installed can cause this issue.
To resolve the issue, you should uninstall the IDT Audio Software and restart your machine:
- Press the Windows + X key to bring up the Quick Access menu.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- Double click on “IDT Audio”.
- Click the Yes button in the dialog box asking “Are you sure you want to uninstall IDT Audio?”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall.
- Once the IDT Audio uninstall is complete, restart the PC.
If you are still having issues after following these steps, please contact the Ai Squared support team for further assistance. We can be reached at +1 (802) 362-3612 option #3 or firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM Eastern Time.