The information in this article applies to:
- ZoomText Keyboard software version 1.0 and higher
Specific laptop multimedia keys, such as Volume Up, Volume Down and Mute do not function properly after the ZoomText Keyboard software is installed.
The internal hardware key codes that are associated with the laptop multimedia keys are also associated with a key codes used by feature keys on the ZoomText Keyboard. As a result, pressing the laptop multimedia keys trigger commands assigned to feature keys on the ZoomText Keyboard.
To workaround this problem, you can disable the conflicting ZoomText feature keys allowing the laptop's multimedia keys to operate normally.
To disable ZoomText's AHOI processing for a specific website
- Hold down the ALT key and press one of the laptop multimedia keys that is not operating properly.
The ZoomText Keyboard Settings dialog will open with the conflicting ZoomText feature key highlighted .
- Click on the Assign Key button.
The Assign Key wizard opens.
- Choose the Unassign this key radio button.
- Click Finish.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 for each laptop key that you want to restore normal operation.
At this time there are no other workarounds available for this problem. Since the key codes are hard coded into the laptop and keyboard hardware there is no way to resolve this problem so that both the ZoomText Keyboard's feature keys and the laptop's multimedia keys work properly.