The information in this article applies to:
- ZoomText 9.1x - 10.x
- Microsoft Solitaire
If ZoomText is on while playing Microsoft Solitaire after some time (roughly 15 minutes), the mouse pointer will freeze up for a few seconds before you can move it again. At which point, the mouse pointer will freeze up more frequently during the solitaire game.
To resolve this issue follow the steps below:
- For version 10.x of ZoomText you need to download the following file from the following link: http://liveupdate.zoomtext.com/software/techsupport/misc/solitaire_0_0_0_0_ZT10%20.zip
- For version 9.1x of ZoomText you need to download the following file from the following link: http://liveupdate.zoomtext.com/software/techsupport/misc/solitaire_0_0_0_0_ZT9.zip
Please make sure you save the file and make note of where you downloaded it to on the PC. Once you have saved the file, do the following:
- You have downloaded a zip file. Open the zip file by double clicking on it with the left mouse button.
- The zip file will open and you will see a file in there called: solitaire_0_0_0_0.ini
- If you have ZoomText 10.x, go to the following location on the PC: C:\Program Files\ZoomText 10\AppSupport * For 64 bit operating systems, you will have to go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZoomText 10\AppSupport
- If you have ZoomText 9.1x, go to the following location on the PC: C:\Program Files\ZoomText 9.1\AppSupport * For 64 bit operating systems, you will have to go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZoomText 9.1\AppSupport
- When you have the AppSupport folder opened, move the file you downloaded (solitaire_0_0_0_0.ini) into the appropriate AppSupport folder.
- Restart the PC.
SIDE EFFECTS TO THIS SOLUTION
- For both ZoomText 9.1x and 10.x users, you will longer have xFont in Solitaire menus and dialog boxes.
- For ZoomText 9.1x users only, ZoomText will no longer announce the playing cards or the fields in Solitaire
If you still are having problems please contact the Ai Squared Support team at (802) 362-3612 option #3.
The Ai Squared Support Team