The information in this article applies to:
- ZoomText versions 9.xx and 8.xx
When launching ZoomText, the following error can occur:
An error has occurred in the DCM chain.
This problem is known to occur for the following reasons:
- Screen rotation software such as Pivot Pro, EZ Tunes or Magic Rotation are installed on the machine. These programs interfere with ZoomText's ability to communicate with its display driver.
- System settings have become corrupted on the system.
- Solution for conflict with screen rotation software Currently, the only solution for this problem is to uninstall the screen rotation software. Once the software has been uninstalled and the machine has been restarted, ZoomText should run as normal.
- Solution for corrupted system settings Resolving this type of problem requires assistance from an Ai Squared product support specialist. For assistance, send email to email@example.com, or call Ai Squared's Support Department at (802) 362-3612 - option 3 (Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm Eastern Time).
This software usually ships with LCD monitors manufactured by Samsung, or pre-installed on any Gateway, HP or Dell PC.