information in this article applies to:
- ZoomText 7.10 and 7.11
- ZoomText 8.0x and 8.1x
The ZoomText display driver has not been properly installed on the machine, and/or a video driver conflict has removed the ZoomText display driver on the machine.
Install the ZoomText 7.1x DCM display driver
- Download the DCM setup program: http://liveupdate.zoomtext.com/software/techsupport/Ai2DrvInst/Latest81Release/dcmsetup.exe
- Double-click on the downloaded file (dcmsetup.exe) or choose to Run or Open when you click on the above link to start the installation of DCM on the machine.
- You will see two progress bars, once these two progress bars have finished, DCM setup will exit – there is no confirmation dialog box that comes up.
- Download the ZoomText 7 DCM Driver Install Utility: http://Liveupdate.zoomtext.com/software/techsupport/Ai2DrvInst/Latest80Release/Zt7DrvInstUtilDCM.exe.
- Double-click on the downloaded file (Zt7DrvInstUtilDCM.exe) or choose to Run or Open when you click on the above link to start the installation of the DCM Driver Install Utility.
- Click the 'Install' button.
- When the 'success' message appears, click OK.
- When you are prompted to restart the system, select Yes (after closing all applications and documents that are open).
- After the system restarts, run ZoomText 7.1x, you should no longer get an error message.
For more information about DCM technology, refer to the Driver Chain Manager article on Microsoft's website.
o computer and the CodeMeter log information.