This article provides the minimum system requirements and recommendations for running ZoomText version 11. By default, when running ZoomText any system components that do not meet these requirements and recommendations are reported by the ZoomText System Profiler.
ZoomText 11 Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 (SP1)
- Video card with support for DirectX 10 or higher
- 2 GHz i3 dual core processor or similar (i5 or i7 recommended)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended)
- 400 MB hard disc space (SSD drive recommended)
- 5-point multi touch display (for touch screen support)
- USB 2.0 (for ZoomText Camera support)
- Make sure you have installed the latest drivers for your graphics adapter (video card)
- Using older drivers may result in slow performance and various forms of display corruption
- Make sure your Windows Experience Index (WEI) has a rating of 5.0 or higher
- The WEI is collection of hardware, software and configuration measurements that provide an indication of the capabilities and performance that a user can expect form the computer system.
- In Windows 7 the WEI can be generated by launching the “Performance Information and Tools” utility located in the Control Panel.
- In Windows 10 you must install one of the third party tools available via download from 3rd-party provides. Note: Windows 10 includes a command line utility that generates XML files that contain performance measurements—executed by opening a command prompt and executing the WINSAT FORMAL command.
- Avoid running ZoomText in a virtual machine (if possible)
- Formal testing has not been performed with ZoomText running in virtual machines such as VMware and Virtual Box. Some performance and stability issues may exist in these environments.
- In Windows 10, configure the display settings to use one of the “recommended” resolutions
- In general, ZoomText will work with any selected resolution. However, on certain video cards ZoomText has exhibited screen corruption (e.g. screen flickering or a black screen) when the display is configured to use a non-recommended resolution.
Note: The ZoomText System Profiler can be launched at any time when running ZoomText by opening the ZoomText menu and choosing ZoomText Support > ZoomText System Profiler.