This article applies to:
ZoomText 2019 and earlier
Fusion 2019 and earlier
MS Office PowerPoint, any version
The following problem appears to be limited to computers using onboard Intel graphics chipsets, which are most common in laptops.
To reproduce the issue:
- Open ZoomText or Fusion.
- Open a PowerPoint slide show.
- Press F5 to start the slideshow, then press the SPACEBAR to move to the next slide.
- A BSOD (i.e. Blue Screen Of Death) occurs and the computer must restart.
We are working to resolve this issue, so make sure you have checked for updates for your software.
Until then, here is a workaround:
- Open MS PowerPoint.
- Select Options from the File menu or backstage view.
- Navigate to “Advanced”.
- Press the TAB key to navigate to the long list of items.
- Navigate to, then place a checkmark in “Disable Slide Show hardware graphics acceleration”.
- Select OK.
- Restart PowerPoint.
You can now run the slide show with ZoomText or Fusion running.